Dating Tips from Louise
I have been getting calls asking for dating tips, from both men and women. I am not going to preach, teach you to suck eggs or patronise, from listening to feedback from both genders I have a few tips for you all!
We all know dating isn’t rocket science, but it sometimes feels like you need specialist training to reach lift off! Why is it that professional intelligent, articulate men turn into quivering wreaks at the idea of a date and tongue tied balls of nervous energy at the reality?
Dating should be fun! If you meet someone through Elegant you will know that he/ she is also looking for the same things you are, in general new friendships leading to a long term relationship. I have already matched you with your likes and dislikes, hobbies, interests and physical preferences so take a deep breath and relax!
Here are some tips to help steer your initial meeting.
- Read, your partner’s profile! I don’t mean memorise it of course but show you are interested by remembering key information. You should be able to have an idea of conversation topics by looking to see what you both have in common.
- Rehearse some funny stories. As silly as this may sound, if you come across as someone who has a great sense of humour, you are mostly going to get that second date. Women love funny men and men like witty women!
- Try not to come across as if you are sitting in the courtroom listening to the judge make a ruling about your life. In short don’t be serious. Try and have fun, keep the conversation light hearted, laugh a little. And remember to flirt and have fun. That’s what a date is about isn’t it.
- Be well dressed and well groomed, and as clichéd as it may sound the clothes make the man. You don’t have to wear a tux, but it is important that your clothes be clean and odour free. Shave and shower please. And women, make an effort too, we know you are professional but if you turn up in a suit the gentleman will treat you like a business colleague; you should aim for ladylike chic, not overly showing too much cleavage or leg on a first date.
- Be friendly. Don’t start complaining about you being reserved and nervous. It’s just not going to cut it if both of you are going to be reserved and no one does the talking. Be friendly, make her/him comfortable and watch them growing closer to you (in some cases literally).
- Say thank you at the end of your date, most of my members hate bad manners and appreciate simple gestures. Saying thank you for time spent in each other’s company shows you value them.
- And smile; there is nothing more seductive than a good smile.